LCD < $200 recommendations?

superman22x

Golden Master
Hey ya'll, I'm looking at getting a new monitor. Around 24", bigger would be nice though. It has to be HDCP compatible so I can use my PS3 on it as well, but most are these days I think. As I'm looking, I see 2ms and 5ms response times, from what I read, one or the other doesn't really make a difference. I want to use this monitor for bluray movies and all as well, so I want a real crisp and fluid display.

Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers

That one is $180 after the promo, seems like a decent deal. Anyone else have any other recommendations though?

Ok, cool, thanks for the tips. I have a Sceptre now, and it's nice, but no HDCP, so no PS3... Does LED make a difference quality wise, or just thinner and power saving?

LED will help with not just power savings, but brightness as well. I use Samsung LED monitors at work, and I have to run them at 30% brightness to stay comfortable. These things are awesome for both color response and brightness.

Alright, I might go for the 23.6" LED Asus model then. HDMI would be nice for the PS3. Eventually I'll upgrade to a small home theater sound system for my computer and PS3 and use the Optical port then. Eventually...

I'm just not sure if prices will be significantly better after Black Friday or something...

I found this one:
Newegg.com - Recertified: HP DEBRANDED tSS-25X11LED Black 25" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 DC 3,000,000:1 (1,000:1)

Seems to get very good ratings. And HP tends to make good stuff as well. I might go for that one now... 25" would be nice and big.

Ok, cool, thanks for the tips. I have a Sceptre now, and it's nice, but no HDCP, so no PS3... Does LED make a difference quality wise, or just thinner and power saving?

LED will help with not just power savings, but brightness as well. I use Samsung LED monitors at work, and I have to run them at 30% brightness to stay comfortable. These things are awesome for both color response and brightness.

^That. My Asus monitors side by side (one is LED, the other isn't) is night and day. I will never buy one that isn't LED at this point.

I'm afraid if I buy now there might be some deals coming up. I just measured on my desk as well, 25" is gonna look huge compared to my current 20" monitor. Maybe I'll keep searching a little bit for a day or two.

If you have a Staples nearby, these are still available at some of their stores. I have two of these at work... they paid $240 each. I just bought two yesterday.
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor | Staples®
They do have a few at a local Staples! Looks like I'm going there after work tomorrow. $100, can't beat that. How is it as far as vibrant colors and all? Looks pretty similar to one I was looking at on Newegg.

Coming from an LCD, it took a little adjustment to LED but I like them. I am in no means a connesuier (sp?) but for a hundred bucks, I ran for my nearest Staples yesterday. Funny thing though... it was in the Sunday ad but by chance my house got missed for delivery yesterday and I saw it on bfads.net as a dead link. Checked local store and called for them to hold two until I could get there. I haven't even built my new pc yet but at that price, they look good in their boxes for now.
Newegg's got them but they are 199.99 + 8.99 shipping.

Back
Top Bottom