Last Minute!!!!

50mobber

In Runtime
Ok i am about to purchase all my parts in a couple of minutes. Just wanted to see if any one have some last minute suggestions. Here is the build

mobo: Asus Maximum extreme

Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

Cpu: Q9450

Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB

HD: 2x western digital 160 gb (Running RAID)

HD: 2x western digital 500gb (running Raid)

window vista home premium 64 bit

Keyboard, monitor and mouse i will buy later. So what do u guys think. Oh and i am using this for alot of media, music, movies. Eventually i will overclock and music and video edit.

Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB

On a current Intel platform, DDR3 brings no performance increase because of the limitations of the FSB. The bandwidth of the memory can never be higher than the FSB's frequency. For example, if the FSB is 400 (1600MHz QDR), that's 12.8GB/s of bandwidth, 12.8GB/s = DDR 800, therefore using DDR3 at a higher speed than DDR 800 would bring zero performance increases because the FSB is still the limiting factor. And the potential frequency of the FSB is not high enough to benefit from DDR3.

So my advice is stick with DDR2 800 or 1066.

When AMD's Phenom supports DDR3, and Intel's Nehalem is released, only then will you see the full benefits of high speed memory thanks to the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) which can make use of all the bandwidth.

Buy DDR2 now, buy DDR3 when Phenom DDR3/Nehalem is released, by then the prices will have dropped as well.

This is a great deal ATM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231166

I would recommend you spend no more than that on your memory.

so if the board supports 1600mhz i should get ram the is at 1600mhz. also this mobo only supports ddr3.

Then he shouldn't go with the Maximus Extreme. The P5E is more than sufficient, and will OC the Q9450 just fine.

Back
Top Bottom