Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Lasers for PC

Hey,

Well currently i saw a video on youtube of a somewhat laser show (check link below)

LINK:

I was wondering if they sell something like this for the pc. I know they have Laser LED's for the pc but they dont really look like lasers to me (check link below)

LINK: http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-jumbo-led-blue.html

anyways, i was wondering if their is anything like the lasers seen in the youtube link available for purchase for the pc, like a 5.25 bay slot or 3.25

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: Lasers for PC

LASERS ARE DANGEROUS!!! You can do serious harm to your eyes or be forever blinded by looking in to one.
Having said that, here's a couple of gadets from Thinkgeek >

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/79fd/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/97ab/

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05

i know they have that type of stuff, but something for the PC, something that is made to go into a 5.25 bay or 3.25
Old 02-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

I think that what you want to do is pretty ridiculous and a waste of money. It doesn't enhance your system at all. I don't know why you would want to put lasers on your rig except if you wanted to use it during dance parties. Personally, my friends would rip me a new one if I did that. My roommate makes fun of my case all the time because I have a 5 inch vertical blue led on the front of my case. He would punch me in the face if I put "frickin lasers" on it!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
LASERS ARE DANGEROUS!!! You can do serious harm to your eyes or be forever blinded by looking in to one.
Having said that, here's a couple of gadets from Thinkgeek >

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/79fd/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/97ab/
Most lasers like the ones the OP is showing are in the class IIa type of laser. This means that you would have to stare at the laser for 17 minutes straight to have any retinal damage. Still dangerous but if you stare into a laser for that long you may deserve to get retinal damage.

Now like your first one though that is a class IIIa laser. That is more dangerous.

Your second one looks eye safe, but it doesn't say what class it is.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szat View Post
I think that what you want to do is pretty ridiculous and a waste of money. It doesn't enhance your system at all. I don't know why you would want to put lasers on your rig except if you wanted to use it during dance parties. Personally, my friends would rip me a new one if I did that. My roommate makes fun of my case all the time because I have a 5 inch vertical blue led on the front of my case. He would punch me in the face if I put "frickin lasers" on it!
well thats them, i want it because it looks cool, why would u want a fan with LED's ? because it looks cool and enhances the looks of your system. I know it wont increase my performance but it looks cool and i want it.

Lol i wont get blind because im not dumb enough to actually look straight into the laser man
Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szat View Post
lmao

there really is no point
just get LED's
unless you wanna piss money away =x
Old 02-02-2009, 04:59 AM   #8
Wizard of Wires

You could try an old trick I saw a while back. This guy had taken that reflective material they add to pavement paint to make it reflective. He sprayed on a glue and sprinkled the reflective material on the speaker. When he aimed a super bright LED toward the speaker while it was playing, he got some nice random reflections. If you're hell bent on this you're going to drop some major bucks. If you want to try the thing I saw start here > www.superbrightleds.com to get some sear your eyeballs out LEDs.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote