laptops just as good and desktops

golfer07

In Runtime
are laptops just as good as desktops ? or can they be with upgrades like i mean can i play COD2 and new games on laptaops?

and how much could i sell my comp. for here the specs.

amd 64 3700 (new)
biostar mobo (new)
120 gb hard drive (new mean i used for about 3 days)
512 gigaram pc3200 (new)
400w powersupply
nice case
dvd r/w drive
no floppy drive
kingwin cpu fan
and a powercolor 9800 agp 8x 256

Laptops are not as good as desktops, as they have to be light and are cramped. If you spend a lot of money (£2000 [around $3500+]) your laptop might be able to play the latest games. It is very hard to upgrade laptops too, as they use specilist parts.

Laptops these days are definitely much improved, but they will never get around to the same kind of high performance as desktop PCs can. I can build a desktop that will smoke any Alienware laptop or whatever and double that.

For their purpose, they do an excellent job. Laptops can play a variety of new games depending on the specs as prosser13 mentioned. They have much more capability including wireless card built-in which I can't live without. They all pretty much come standard with DVD burners now too and their widescreen SXGA or whatever you call them make the laptop seem like you have a big screen. They even make 7800 geForce cards for high end laptops which is really neat to see. Gamer's delight.

That's a good labtop. Of course, now that alienware uses desktop cpu's, like the fx 57, the x2 4800+, etc. you can say that performance for labtops has improved immensly. However, you don't see dual gpu's in a labtop yet... definitely desktop..

Back
Top Bottom