Are laptops easy to build?

iflabs

Baseband Member
I've been looking to a decent laptop that can run Battlefield 2 for cheap and of course that probably means building one.

The only place I know so far that offers parts is through ABS.com. What I want to know is if laptops are as easy as building a desktop computer.

Hmm, i'd suggest no, it wouldn't be as easy.

Its probably possible to do, but the parts won't be very cheap anyway.

Laptops are basically miniture PC's and so use different parts, i.e, smaller ones and these are expensive.

I guess it is possible to build one, though, but you'd need to make sure you got supportive parts, and laptop ones I would think would work slightly differently than PC parts in the way they connect up to save space, etc.

Good luck with it :p

I suggest that u get that idea out of ur mind immediately!

Building laptops is not going to be easy, and a laptop which can run BF2 and is going to be cheap. Wake up dude. :p

But if u wish to try then I'll just say
Good Luck :)

I hafta disagree. It really isn't that hard to build a laptop. I haven't actually put one together, but I've taken mine apart for repairs, and once you know what you're doing, it's really not that bad. It looks like you can build a video powerhouse for pretty cheap from that sight, too.

the latest issue(vol 5 issue 9) of cpu(computer power user) has an article on how to build a laptop. but if you get a berebook it should be pretty easy, but it will be expensive if u want it to run bf2. may as well just buy one.

Well, I was talking about buying a barebook with along with other components. So that would mean that all I have to do is screw in everything together, I guess.

Playing BF2 during breaks between classes should be fun. Now that I've mentioned that, is wireless internet good for gaming?

ah! I found a great article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050504/index.html

Is there any truth to this?

probably, but still, if youre going to want to play games, your notebook will suck up soo very much powe you wont even be able to play for more than like 2hours. so its kinda useless. but if you really want to then go to www.coboc.com itll redirect u to a place u can buy stuff for notebook diy

notebooks are complicated. i am working on a prototype nitrogen or nitrous cooler for it right now and its very complicated. i still have to make it so it will fit the liquid in and not spill. slight hole on bottome. and all that wiring is insane once u take it out its hard to get it bak in. like seriously. and labtops overheat way to easy so bf2 will be laggy sometimes and even shut off because ur cooling will not support that easily.

Why are you guys discouraging him? It's not that hard to deal with laptop parts. It obviously depends on the laptop, but putting one together really isn't that difficult.

I think most people are afraid to mess with a laptop. This is understandable, since it's a very expensive piece of tiny hardware, but if you actually open one up and get to know it, it's not hard at all.

Back
Top Bottom