Laptop wont start, Ive exhausted all my options, please help

ssc456, I can get into bios. If I dont and allow it to boot sometimes, almost every time, I get to the windows screen but after that I get a blue screen and it restarts. One time I was able to get passed the windows screen and see the logon/password screen for XP. The computer was REALLY slow and after entering the pw it gave me the blue screen again.

I do also get the screen to select safe mode. I have tried all 3 safe mode options and last known good config as well as start up normally. All options lead to the same thing. A LONG SLOW start up then a blue screen.

I did the HD self test in bios and it gave me: #1 - 07 FAIL

so if it failed then you have a bad HDD, double check this by running the HDD diagnostics tools available from your HDD manufacturers website.

yeah bad hardrive although you should still be able to get some of the stuff off of it using that adaptor and plugging it into your desktop

im thinking of a way too get your pc to ignore the laptop drive until windows has booted coz once its up and running then your pc will almost def see it as a extra ardrive and u shud be able to access it

Have you ran HDD diagnostics like i said earlier?

The drive is a toshiba mk4025gas, I cant find any info on the site for diagnostics. Im going to try and slave it on my old PC tomorrow. My old PC always accepted and recognized slaves easily, my new one never has been able to recognize a slave. I built both of them myself and really the only difference is my new mobo is SATA only. Old one was SATA and IDE.

i set mine to cd boots up first then hd just incase you back'd up your files on norton ghost you can easily restore them in the cd drive by booting cd first.

on another topic (sitll about hd's) when you plug in your hardrive check that it is set to master if you haven't i had a problem with that once it was set to slave when i only had 1hd.

No dice. My other PC has a slave, I simply unplugged it and plugged the laptop HD in its place and it wont even load up. Tried every jumper configuration just in case. Again like the first time the bios recognizes it. I get the windows screen and then all black and nothing until I reset.

Since I couldnt get it to slave on any of my desktops I decided to put it back in the laptop and try to start up again.

First few attempts just a windows screen and a restart, then I got to the "windows is starting" screen and then a blue screen that froze so I could actually read it.

Kernel_Data_inpage_error

Technical Information:

Stop: 0x0000007A (0xE18445B4, 0xC0000185, 0xBF915448, 0x0BDDC860)

Win32k.sys – address BF915448 base at BF800000, datestamp 41107f7a

Any ideas? Ive been doing alot of searching and googling and I keep seeing new hardware issues but I haven't installed any new hardware

Back
Top Bottom