laptop wont start

alex_boothby

In Runtime
hi, i have a dell inspiron 3800, and the battery hasnt worked for a while now but it worked fine when pluged into the wall, recently when it was on, and you moved the power cable slightly it would turn off (very annoying), now it wont even turn on! and there are no power lights even coming on!!

anyone got any ideas, im thinking it might be the socket on the laptop, as i have tested the cable and there was electricity going down it.

thanks, alex.

no not at all, have had it for years, just thought i would use it again as it nice and sunny outside,

Ide suggest opening up the laptop, and making sure all the power cables are in securely, get in touch with DELL and ask them about it, see if you can get a new power supply or something.

ritey ho, shal i do it unpluged, or pluged in, (on at plug or off at plug) as usualy you do it pluged in just to keep it earthed dont you?

No way, you cant be messing around with electrics with the power on! Take the charger out, earth yourself, then off you go.

ritey ho again, thanks mate, i will let you know how it goes. if you hear no reply in a few years assume i forgot to turn it off!! LOL

gah, ive taken off all the screws, but i cant get in at the power plug bit, i think the screen is attachd to it and i dont know how to get that off!!!

nah ive done it now

it all looks fine tho, cant see nething wrong, do u think possible the bios battery is dead?

Back
Top Bottom