Laptop Wont Start

31Charlie

Beta member
Obviously my first post here. I was hoping there would be a few experts who could help me out with my laptop problems. My background in computers: I build my own desktops, I know basic networking and web hosting. I design web pages for fun and enjoy computer games. This is my first laptop however.

I bought this laptop for my deployment with the Army. It is a Sager 17" Widescreen. It runs on Windows XP Pro with a P4 1.2ghz, 1 GB, ATI 128MB. I used it to play games, watch DVD, and do work for my unit. A few months after I got it it had its first problem. The computer would run for a few minutes then shutdown to the BSOD. To get around this problem I installed Windows XP Home. I have no idea why it worked but now Pro works, but Home will get the BSOD if I try to use it. Shortly after that the laptop began getting the BSOD whenever it was unplugged from its AUX power supply. It would run fine on the battery but if the AUX power was ever plugged in then unplugged it was crash. Seeing that I am overseas and had too many important files on the laptop I could reformat it.

turned it off the correct way (start menu/shutdown) and went on my way. I came back about 4 hours later and started it up. It loaded the frist screen fine (the one where you can hit F2 to enter setup) but when it goes to load the next screen nothing happens. There is just one little "_" flashing in the upper corner.

I let it sit over night and started it up today but I got the same thing. I entered BIOS and changed my boot drive to my CD-ROM drive and put my Windows XP disc in, but the same thing happened. So now I am stummped. I really need this laptop. Not only is it my main source of entertainment for the next four months but I also use it for work. I got sooooo many files and programs that I need on there.

But I am getting so desperate I would probably reformat the hard drive anyway but I can't even boot off of the Windows CD.

Any suggestions?

31C

Aw the awful blue screen of death, everyone hates this and it can be a royal pain in the ass...

1st things 1st: down load a free copy of CC cleaner

ok what i would do is this: 1st try to boot up to the boot menu by hitting the f8 key repeatedly after your computer logo disappears.

once there scroll down to safe mode <boot without networking>...click it
this will load up in safe mode, now run the program CC cleaner and make shure you un-check the (clean .dat files option is unchecked) This is very important when using this program..

Then run it to solve any issues that may be on your hhd, it works good and i use it myself...

Back
Top Bottom