Laptop won't display webpages correctly/youtube videos only play in 240p

Action88

Beta member
I believe this laptop has the power to play videos in higher quality but can't figure out what the problem is?

I have tried reinstalling different web browsers/updating the graphics card....I have tried searching google and doing the various fixes there but still nothing so I'm coming to the gurus @ d2jsp

The Specs of this old laptop are Intel Pentium M 1400MHz, 599MHz, 512 MB of RAM, SP3, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500, Windows XP. I mainly wanna use this to watch youtube videos/browse forums for tutorials to do in photoshop/dreamweaver, as it is a huge pain in the ass to work/view tuts on the same comp imo

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

^ a link to the way the teamliquid page looks on the laptop

Team Liquid - StarCraft 2 and Brood War Pro Gaming News <== the website from the picture so you can see how it should look

The minimum requirements for Youtube are:
Platform: Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
Processor: 500MHz or faster
RAM: 128MB or more
Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
Sound Card: at least 16-bit

Based on these requirements, I assume that the reason you can't view videos higher than 240p is your video card. The radeon 7500 only has 32mb of video memory. As for the problems displaying web pages... Do you have the latest version of flash installed?

I just installed the latest video drivers, java, and flash. But still the webpages look like that? Do you believe that the ATI Radeon mobility 7500 is only capable of playing youtube videos in 240p?

I figure it would at least be able to manage 360...

Sorry for the late reply... Your laptop's specs are too low for 360p on Youtube but for the problem with displaying pages... Do you have colors set to at least 16-bit? There's an option for that on Windows XP's theme properties, except I can't tell exactly where it was since it's been a long time since I touched XP... Try Right clicking on the desktop and click on properties. Search for the option in the new window that pops up.

Back
Top Bottom