Laptop Wireless Internet

KJLai

In Runtime
Hi All,

Oh My God... have soo many problems in my house.. :facepalm:

So i have a HP Pavilion dv7-7025dx.

I am assuming that something is wrong with the wireless card, but I am not quite sure that I am correct. So I am able to go on the internet one day and then all of a sudden I cannot. I have full internet access as stated at the notification center at the bottom right corner. It does not say I have limited access, it says internet access with no "!". So I restarted the laptop and the internet works again, but a few minutes later it stops. This laptop was bought around... I believe October 2012, so it is still new, only a year and a half.

Ive did a malware byte scan and also a virus scan. But this is still happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

No problems with other wireless devices?

How far away from the router are you?

Does it work if you take it to a place with free wifi?

Have you power-cycled the router? (unplug for 10-20 seconds and plug back in)

Have you deleted the wireless profile and reconnected to the wireless network?

No problem with other wireless devices. my other laptop connects and works just fine along with smartphones.

not far away. router upstairs and laptop downstairs. I brought the laptop upstairs, still does the same thing. I have not tried to take it to another place with wifi.

I have turned off the router and turned it back on.

deleting the wireless profile i just recently did it and still didnt work.

yeah, thats what i might do today later on.

Thanks, Ill get back to you for updates

I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!

It was a program that we use to stream chinese drama. I dont know what it started to do this now, we have been using this program for quite a while now, possibly 2 years almost. I had it on my other laptop and my PC. Nothing went wrong until this week. Well my mom is gonna be hella bored now that she cant watch any drama. oh man!..

Thanks JMac

Check where you got the program for an updated version.
Check to see if the streaming is being throttled by your ISP.
Check to see if the host server that sources the shows is having problems.

So many variables to check up on. Could be anything not necessarily the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom