Laptop Wireless.

BuzzStPoint

Daemon Poster
Just got my laptop working again so I want to see if someone knows of something I may be missing.

Compaq Presario CQ50 (Laptop)
The annoying feature I have is with the wireless, When the laptop is rebooted or shut down, the wireless will not turn on automatically.

I have to manually turn it on. (Via button next to power button)
I know it's petty, but it's an annoyance.

I've looked through the wireless settings (windows manages my wireless) and
Bios settings. Also Windows 7
Any thoughts?

Just got my laptop working again so I want to see if someone knows of something I may be missing.

Compaq Presario CQ50 (Laptop)
The annoying feature I have is with the wireless, When the laptop is rebooted or shut down, the wireless will not turn on automatically.

I have to manually turn it on. (Via button next to power button)
I know it's petty, but it's an annoyance.

I've looked through the wireless settings (windows manages my wireless) and
Bios settings. Also Windows 7
Any thoughts?

Yes I had the exact same problem, Turned out that windows just would not turn the card on at boot (even though it should). After some time I went to the manufacturers website and brought up the drivers and software for the computer.

Cut a long story short it was a program that managed the power from Acer that I had removed. Bad mistake as this program turned on the card after windows has logged in.

By default the card was set not to turn on by windows. The power program then turned it on when windows loaded up. Its a power saving thing in case you want to have the card off to save power.

My suggestion is to google your computer make and model followed by "drivers" and select the companies website. Then take a look for software such as power programs and download the latest wireless drivers.

Hope this helps :)

(Solved)Re: Laptop Wireless.

I have finally solved this issue after many years.
It actually was solved when I installed Kubuntu. I had no wireless..

I found that if I enter Device manager, select the wireless card, selected properties, then to the Power Management tab.

Unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Once I did that, I got my wireless on my Linux, and my wireless turned on when I boot to Win7...

Hello, i have a problem with my built-in camera- the laptop can't recognise it. I've looked all over the ehm, google, but can't find the solution.

please please help!!

Back
Top Bottom