Laptop Vs. Desktop

Desktops have much more raw power available, they're upgradeable, they're less expensive for the same performance... Laptops are mobile, but I think that desktops are more important.

Well, my laptop is in my sig. It's just as powerful as any desktop PC I've used, but it's slowed down by the 5400rpm HDDs.

It is upgradeable, but nothing like as easy as a desktop. I prefer it, though, easy to carry about with me.

SLIPKNOTN21 said:
laptops-because they are mobile
Desktops- they are upgradable and can have more power

That pretty much sums it up. It's hard for me to vote on this one, but if mobility factor is something I don't need, then Desktop would be far superior.

Laptops are designed for college students and business people who travel a lot. It is not intended for a lot of power.

Desktops have more power and can be upgradeable. They can be for gamers, businesses etc.

So really, they have different purposes and cant be compared.

yeah, kind of like comparing apples and oranges....they're just different...for different needs.
if you need mobility, obviously a laptop is your only choice.
if you can afford top of the line, then maybe you could use a laptop as a desktop replacement.
if you are on a budget and need to not spend as much, you are going to get a lot more bang for your buck with a desktop.
i would have liked a laptop, but for the money i was spending i got a desktop instead because i could get a better system. however, i didn't really need the mobility factor. and, the easier upgradability is a plus.

Desktops pull out more power and gaming flavor, while a laptop, won't do much. A desktop's weakness: portability

Back
Top Bottom