Laptop USB Port Help

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey guys. So my ASUS laptop's USB 2.0 port isn't working, Whenever I plug anything into it Windows does not detect it but when I plug something into my USB 3.0 port Windows can detect it just fine. What could have caused this to happen?

Hey guys. So my ASUS laptop's USB 2.0 port isn't working, Whenever I plug anything into it Windows does not detect it but when I plug something into my USB 3.0 port Windows can detect it just fine. What could have caused this to happen?

I have had a problem like that a couple of times here at work. We have like 60 laptops, so that might not be surprising. I fixed one of them by re installing windows. (doesn't take long, we have remote install. Which is a godsend)
I am not telling you to reinstall windows, but try to boot up a live linux. Then check if it starts working. This will rule out a hardware defect.

Ok, I plugged it in to the 2.0 port and it didn't appear as an option in the boot menu or bios but appears when in the 3.0 port..

:facepalm::facepalm:
Why didn't i just suggest checking the bios instead of loading up a live version of Linux.

It's a problem that you are not seeing it in the bios. If it isn't a bios setting that does it i think it's a defect.
I would do a bios and cmos reset. If that doesn't help... well, i am dry for ideas.

Back
Top Bottom