Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default A Laptop Upgrade

ok guys, I want to explain my budget first. I work at a local food chain. I am slight ADD about my money, I can save but for some reason I save to about 200 and usually give up and blow it on something else. Anyways I have 135 dollars right now, and am going to get my paycheck shortly. My parents are going to give me a laptop cq50 139wm model. This has a socket P processor, and it currently has a celeron 2.0 Ghz. This has many processors that are modern and very fast. I would like a gaming machine and I realize that this will not meet that but it can still play games. What would be a good processor upgrade for me? and how much ram should I add to it. I generally play games like AOE or GH3. I also do A lott of Audio and image editing that can be a load on the processor. I was considering a dual but the quads are fairly cheap. Also if I upgrade the processor how much will this reduce the life of the battery on my charge. Thanks .

Forgot to add this is my other option, I can either buy this one http://www.dailyworldbuzz.com/walmar...s-updated/965/ new or the current one used for a year. The difference is the used one has a 4500MHD which is slightly better on games.
2.4 Ghz celeron, 1.25 PNY pc 2700 RAM,PNY VERTIGO 5200 FX , 40 GB HDD
900Mhz 256 RAM , MX 4000, 30 GB HDD
1.9Ghz dual core AMD Athlon 2 GB 384 VRAM 320 Gb HD
2.3 tricore phenom,2 GB RAM , EVGA 9600 GSO,250 GB SSD
2.6 X4 620, 4GB RAM, 9600 GSO, 500 GB HDD/I'm part of The Project
ace777 is offline   Reply With Quote