Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-09-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Laptop Upgrade

So I have a Toshiba Satellite A30 and it is $%^. It takes about 15 minutes to load to desktop and everything is very slow running - I even get a message saying virtual memory is too low. Also the computer overheats if you do not have it resting on a book so the fans can blow. I need an upgrade bad but cannot afford a new laptop - so any advice

wee2john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: Laptop Upgrade

First advice would be to back up the files you need, wipe the thing then reinstall windows (or from a recovery CD if you haven't got the windows CD.) Chances are the slowdowns are from rubbish accumulating over time and a complete reformat will give you a squeaky new system that's a lot faster.

With the overheating issue, you might want to have a go at taking the thing apart and blowing as much of the dust out as you can with a can of compressed air - some are easier to take apart than others but it won't cost you anything and could well get your laptop back to a good state again

berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Default Re: Laptop Upgrade

ahh cool but unfornately its my dads and he thinks he knows what he is doing and wont let me do any of that
Motherboard: Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard Processor: Intel E8500 Core 2 Duo Ram: 2x OCZ Gold Memory 4GB DDR3 Drives: Akasa internal card reader and Samsung SATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter HDD: 3x 500GB Samsung Spinpo int 7200 rpm 32MB Cache Case: X-Case Viper Case Adapters: Radeon HD4650
wee2john is offline   Reply With Quote