Laptop Speakers not working - no audio at all!

toddy89

Beta member
Hi

My Laptop speakers are not working at all - and nor does and sound come out of them if i use headphones instead to listen - i still cant hear anyhting. I dont know how they started not to work. The most sound i can get out of them is cracks and pops if the volume is full and the music is quite bassy..... Theese are my "internal" laptop speakers not added ones....

sounds like either bad internal connection or busted speakers:
1) Call tech support
2) Send in for repairs

yeah if theyre internal on the lappy then u need professional help on that probably.

sounds like the speakers have blown. musta been some REAL good bass on those trax man!!!

Yeah but to cause headphones not to work too that would use a seperate connection than ones inside the laptop would of course use.
This tells me that you have a bad sound chip on that laptop of yours or it could be a number of the below things:

FIRST STEP:

Though of course, onboard sound is never as good as dedicated external or internal boards like Creative.
Go into Volume Controls and if its not already set, go to Options, and accept Advanced Controls.

On some sound cards you'll get an extra function opening up saying advanced as a button hopefully under Play Control.
Check that the bass (if it has this) is set to around the middle, or 3 1/4 of the way up, and treble about in the middle or about the same (full is best for headphones since they have better bass response though it might mess up that onboard sound).

MICROPHONE (Might very well be it):

Next, check your microphone status in the volume control and mute it to see if this helps at all (it might be picking stuff up, causing the cracking and high bass)

If you can't see the volume of this to mute it, go to Options again, and open up Properties. Now select microphone from the checklist and press okay.
Now it should be there. Just simply mute it

Does this help? I hope so :) Report back.

Back
Top Bottom