Laptop Sound and WiFi Driver Help!

JoeJacket

Beta member
Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S106. Recently, the hard drive died and a check upon Toshiba.com proved it long out of warranty. More recently, i acquired a Dell Inspiron 1150 with a dead motherboard, but a good hard drive. So naturally I thought I could take a go at a transplant.

Well, after the tedious XP activation call and downloading the full set of drivers for the A55-S106, I now have everything but the sound card and wireless card working. It does fine through an Ethernet cable, but I would like to get the wireless working. I have the Toshiba driver install programs for both, but the wireless says it is installed successfully but nothing seems to happen, and the sound drive installation halts and gives me a "String SIGMATEL_ERROR_UpdateDriverForPnPDevices was not found in string table" message. Any ideas? PnP is plug and play right?

Those are the ones I have downoaded that are not working. Is it possible that there is some Dell driver/file that is preventing them from installing?

Back
Top Bottom