laptop siezing up with WoW

is your cpu clock at the default level or have you OCed?

I never thought of that. If you have anything Over clocked, set them back to their default levels. If you don't know what Over-clocking is, your not doing it so don't worry.

I never thought of that. If you have anything Over clocked, set them back to their default levels. If you don't know what Over-clocking is, your not doing it so don't worry.

if you dont know what it is get into your bios and set the settings to optimal settings.

well i doubt a lappys bios can OC at all but it might help anyways

Could it be heat related at all while playing WoW? Like Rudster said, OCing could lead to an overheated CPU while playing your game. Double check all temps anyways, including CPU and GPU.

gfx is running at 72 C....and i restorted to optimal settings and its still happening...if there was a problem with my ram would it for sure come up on memtest?

72 Degrees C is a bit toasty for GFX.. should be around 60.. is the card an Nvidia? if so I most likekly know ur problem =) Damn nvidia drivers, happened to everyone i know that has one (in person)

gfx is running at 72 C....and i restorted to optimal settings and its still happening...if there was a problem with my ram would it for sure come up on memtest?

That's a little warm, but those cards are pretty durable. 9.999 times out of ten, if RAM is bad, it will effect memtest in some way. Normal it will show errors (highlighted in red) but I have seen it shut the computer down and restart it.

well the 2nd time i ran memtest it didnt restart my computer and it said no errors....how do i cool down my GPU?

If the GPU overheats, you would have performance drops throughout the game and the PC would have shut down, like the CPU.

Seasing up, in meanings that you need to turn off and then turn on the laptop or seise up as in just FPS drops every now and then?

fps drops every now and then...and when i start my computer up for the first time in a few hours....its fine for about 5 mins then it starts to drop in fps every 20 seconds or so

Back
Top Bottom