Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Laptop shopping

I'm shopping for a laptop. I'm looking for something pretty basic, just for school work, web browsing and listening to music now and then. I wanted a compaq or HP but no stores have the one I wanted in stock but instead have the more expensive models ($700 and up). I did find an acer and a toshiba that I liked. They were both $599.99 (which is the MAX I want to spend). The acer had an 80GB HDD, 1GB RAM, AMD turion TK55 dual core and a web cam. The toshiba had a 120GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Pentium Dual Core (2310 I think...). My question is which of those would be a better brand? I'm not focused on those exact models yet since I'm still looking. I'm probably going to wind up with one of those two brands since they're cheaper but want to know which brand would be better and if anyone has had any experiences with acer or toshiba laptops.

Thanks

Old 12-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Laptop shopping

I am not a huge fan of Acer, but I do like Toshiba and that one sounds pretty good for the money. So I would say, Toshiba!!!

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Laptop shopping

Thanks. The only thing I've heard bad about Toshiba laptops from reviews I've read on best buy and circuit city's websites is that the screen tends to go black. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems a bit strange to me. I don't want to have to use tech. support since I don't know if either acer or toshiba have very good support or not.