Laptop screen

2nd Vice

Beta member
Alright, I seem to be having a screen issue. I recently pulled apart a toshiba p-25 screen (had a picture when I took it apart) to replace the ccfl light. I put it back together and now I have horizontal and vertical lines across the screen. Is the screen broke? I didn't drop it or apply pressure or anything.

Attachments

• image-4271948964.jpg
    image-4271948964.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
Just a guess here, but I'm thinking maybe the inverter board is bad, or maybe the connections to it just need to be reseated.

Not an expert on LCD repairs, though I've had some success/luck. I would just advise checking/reseating the connections, especially the connections for the inverter board (that long, thin board just under the screen).

The successful repairs I have done (~3x) have all involved replacing the inverter board along with the bulbs. That said, I've not done this repair on laptops...mine were (believe it or not) ATM machine screens (new screens were $1400 and I could repair the existing screen for $200 in parts).

Oh wow well I bet the technology is the same, just used in different ways. I'll have to look into this! Thanks!

Check the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the board. I've seen those go bad plenty of times.

Back
Top Bottom