Laptop runs 70-75C wireless failure

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
When i play games on my laptop it usually runs from 70C - 75C and my wireless card (PCMIA) overheats, i must use wireless because my other computer uses the only wired ethernet i have in my room, and i have a USB 1.0 port on my laptop, if i buy one of those external USB wireless thingeys will it be slower because i have a usb 1.0 not 2.0?

gaming_freak said:
are u sure its the wireless card overheating? at those temps i would think it was the cpu
no cuz i could literally cook something on the thing cuz i pull it out and stick it back in and it works fine, plus i looze connection in the middle of the game cuz it overheats

haha well if it broke then its not gona help much, from the sound of it sounds like a pretty old laptop (usb1.0) so i suggest opening it up and clearing the dust out because it makes a ton of difference temperature wise

gaming_freak said:
haha well if it broke then its not gona help much, from the sound of it sounds like a pretty old laptop (usb1.0) so i suggest opening it up and clearing the dust out because it makes a ton of difference temperature wise
yeah it's 3 years old it still plays CSS fine though lol, things a beast, i'll try that

Back
Top Bottom