laptop repair problem?

its snoodles

In Runtime
i have a toshiba satellite L-305 i am repairing or someone the issue was his fan would spin up grind and stop spinning so i opened it up and the fan casing was dented so i fixed the dent and the fan will spin put it back together and it had no video. so i took it apart again everything was hooked up correctly so i put it back together and it has video but the fan didnt even spin up. so i figure he would need a new fan tell me if im wrong the whole thing works just not the fan. what do you guys think?

Probably been dropped. If the housing was dented it could have bent the fan shaft or rammed it through the bearing cup and all the lubricant is gone. It going to have to be replaced. With out a fan the guts of a laptop get hot in a hurry. Use Toshiba replacement parts.
Tell them they got off light this time with just the fan. Quit dropping the bloody thing.

yeah i had figured they dropped it thanks for the help. but it does not explain why it has video when the fan wasnt working but it didnt when the fan was working

When a motor stalls or drags the current draw jumps way up. If there's not enough to drive the entire system the more current sensitive componets will falter or fail to work. It's possible that the power rail for the vid chip has the fan on it also. Stupid, but I've seen some seriously stupid shit in my life. That would not surprise me in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom