Laptop Repair

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
So I found this old Laptop that hasn't been used for quite some time. It used to be my sister's computer, though this laptop wasn't very safe in her hands. Viruses or whatever basically ate the operating system. Also, the laptop was kept on a fuzzy surface which may have caused excess heat to damage its components, though I am unsure if this is the case. However, since then, the computer was not able to boot up and load XP. I used a recovery disk to wipe the Hard Drive clean and start over. Now there are only two problems with this laptop that I would like to fix:

First is to set up internet connection again. The laptop has Wi-Fi capabilities, though I have absolutely no idea how to navigate Windows XP anymore. With windows 7, I know which connections are detected. On this laptop, I see three detected connections, NONE of which is the one that I need to connect to. On the local area connection, I see a window showing:

MSN
Unavailable - device missing, Firewalled

Direct Connection
Unavailable - device missing, firewalled

etc.

Though I cannot seem to find the option that I need.

The second problem is that there appears to be something wrong with anything that requires sound. Whenever I attempt to open a program like Windows Movie Maker, or to play an audio clip with windows media player, I get an error message explaining:

"The required audio hardware cannot be found on your computer."

The first thing I want to do ASAP is to simply connect online and acquire an antivirus protection.

The Laptop:
HP Pavilion zv6000

--

Back
Top Bottom