laptop ram

convergecult

In Runtime
alright so money is tight and im going to put rebuilding my desktop on hold. the laptop on my sig is going to be my primary machine for gaming for a while. now it can put up to a gig of video memory so im thinking of adding a 2 gig stick of ram so ill have a 1 gig stick and a 2 gig stick. will this ram work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208323
also is this upgrade worth it or will i not see to much of a difference?

specs say it supports up to 4 gigs. It says in your sig that it has 2gigs of ram already. May want to pop it open and see if your running 1 2gig or 2 1 gig sticks.

What are you using on the laptop? The 2 gig it already has is more than adaquite unless your using highly demanding programs.

well i want to play bioshock on it and it takes 2 gigs recommended and 512gpu recommended i can get up to a gig of video mem but not with only 2 gigs of ram

i already know it has 2 1 gig sticks i was just wanting to know if the upgrade is really worth it

no, you asked if it would work, not if it was worth it.

personally, I don't think a graphic intensive game like Bioshock is going to run on an integrated card. I could be wrong, but generally if you want to game a dedicated graphics module on your laptop is the way to go. Good luck with it though, I can help much on whether or not it will work for that game, I've only played it on 360 (it's a sick game btw, totally recommended.)

it is not an integrated card i have 256 dedicated and up to a gig integrated and actually i did ask if it was worth it

you said nothing in your first post about a particular game. plain and simple. the way you stated it you asked if that ram would work in your comp, I said yes, because it will. But I guess if your going to act like a 4th grader, maybe someone else will help ya.

Back
Top Bottom