Laptop and ram

the_briton

Baseband Member
Hey is it possible to add ram to a laptop? mine is 512mb shared..says 448 mb.. sorry if this has been a post before but in a hurry and didnt have time to search

Normally there is a panel to access the RAM on the underside that has a screw in it. Remove that screw and you should see if you have a slot free

you can add ram...but it has to be specilized for ur lap-top, cause there is virtually no room to work in....or add stuff..........(i think)

make sure the mobo can take extra ram first not all of them can most but not all and try to get the same as you take out this way you know it shoud work.

ASSEMBLER said:
make sure the mobo can take extra ram first not all of them can most but not all and try to get the same as you take out this way you know it shoud work.

yeah go to http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.html?dir=dload&location=sware_dl_3264&langx=en&a= to download SiSoftware Sandra, that'll tell you pretty much anything you want to know about your computer, including how much RAM you have, can take, what type and what speed. Now you need to buy a module that is all of these things (the size must be below the figure it tells you your computer will take max) and in laptop size, please, please, check this with someone else, cos im not sure, did all that from memory and i've never upgraded memory

Back
Top Bottom