Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Laptop problems

Hey all, I was hoping you could help me out with this.

Last week my laptop was working fine (Gateway M Series with Vista), and I had it running on battery while I was using it on the couch. I fell asleep, and the next morning I woke up and saw that the battery had died. When I plugged it in and turned it on, it loaded fine at first, but then when I would use Firefox, it would stop responding, and clicking it would make the screen partially fade to white and freeze. You could still see everything on the screen, but it would be tinted white and frozen. I don't know what happened as I don't download much on this for fear of spyware. Can anyone help me out? I can only run it correctly during safe mode now.

MooreC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Laptop problems

Im not exactly sure why the battery dying would cause that problem. Its got to be something else. My laptop works just fine after the battery dies and I just plug it in. Maybe you can restore it while in safemode. In the little search box on the menu bar type in "System Restore" select a later date. See if thats works. Maybe when the battery died it corrupted an important file.

Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Laptop problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
Im not exactly sure why the battery dying would cause that problem. Its got to be something else. My laptop works just fine after the battery dies and I just plug it in. Maybe you can restore it while in safemode. In the little search box on the menu bar type in "System Restore" select a later date. See if thats works. Maybe when the battery died it corrupted an important file.
Yeah I was thinking that might be what happened. I just don't know how to find that out.
MooreC7 is offline   Reply With Quote