Laptop problem

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
I was using my old laptop yesterday a bit and out of nowhere, it just shuts off. Now when I try turning it on, the power LED keeps switching on and off constantly. I have never had this problem since Ive had it, (was my gf's moms laptop), but I was told that she was having this same problem. The only thing Ive done so far is make sure the ram was seated properly, I suspect maybe the power supply as the culprit. You guys got any ideas as to whats going on with it?

I was using my old laptop yesterday a bit and out of nowhere, it just shuts off. Now when I try turning it on, the power LED keeps switching on and off constantly. I have never had this problem since Ive had it, (was my gf's moms laptop), but I was told that she was having this same problem. The only thing Ive done so far is make sure the ram was seated properly, I suspect maybe the power supply as the culprit. You guys got any ideas as to whats going on with it?

On my HP laptop, the power LED will flash and the won't turn on only if my battery has no charge left in it. But that might be my "charge" LED...hmm.

I'm sure you've plugged the charger into the laptop and tried, right? How about taking the battery out and trying it?

Well, I have 2 batteries which both are pretty much dead (only hold a charge for like 15 min). But I tried with and without the battery connected. Still get the same result. Its a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.

I actually got it to boot into windows. I still don't know whats up with it though, I just got up from my power nap and tried it right now and its up and running. So right now I'm just monitoring the temps to see if maybe its an overheating issue.

Behold! I have found the culprit of the laptop issue. Seems the fan stopped working and was making the computer overheat and shutdown. It was my first time disassembling a laptop so I was a bit on edge. Well, after some cleaning and putting it back together, everything seems to be working fine. The temps have also went way down, so its much cooler now. Just dont know how I ended up with 2 screws left over:rolleyes:

DSC_0032rs.jpg

DSC_0024rs.jpg

DSC_0025rs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom