Laptop Keyboard Problem

PaperPlunger

In Runtime
So I have a 4 or 5 year old Toshiba laptop, it's my sisters old one. Recently, the keyboard has stopped functioning though, and I'm trying to figure out why. For a while I just hooked up my desktop's keyboard (a g15) to it, and I've been using it like that.

This is the story behind it. I was using the laptop, keyboard worked, and then one day it stopped. I hooked up my g15 and installed slackware 12 on it, and that's how I'm writing this now. I've found that when you first start the computer, the keyboard is activated for a few seconds, and if you're quick enough, when you get to the LILO boot screen, you can hit enter to make the laptop boot linux before it shuts off.

I recently took the laptop apart, so I had the keybaord out to check connections, and found that when you fiddle with the keyboard, take it out, move it around, put it back in, it starts to work again, and you can type for as long as you want, as long as there isn't much delay between keystrokes. If you have a 5 or so second gap between keystrokes, the keyboard stops functioning and you must repeat the process.

Any ideas? If you need more info I'm glad to oblige.

Back
Top Bottom