Laptop Help

Shane213

Beta member
Hello,

I have a Alpha R Pro laptop from novatech, i fixed the origional problem which was the harddrive was failing constantly, the screen was broken and the graphics card was broken.

I braught a new harddrive and replaced the old one, i got a new graphics card for NovaTech and fitted it my self and braught a used screen off ebay and fitted that my self.

It worked started up correctly and so on. Then i noticed i forgot to put in two screws, on the back of the laptop where the VGA socket and that normaly is, so i put these screws in and now the laptop will start up but the screen will display only they light lines going down the screen.

I have opened up the laptop and took a look and the screws i forgot to origonaly put back in are only there to hold some bits of the plastic case together nothing else.

I have checked the screen ribbon cable and it is plugged into the screen and graphics card correctly, i have also reinstalled the old graphics card, but instead of getting the lines i get a white screen, but this is probs becuase of that graphcis card already be broken.

Is it possible the monitor ribbon cable is broken and needs replacing?

Thank you,
Shane Rutter

Back
Top Bottom