Laptop help

EricM

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if anyone has experience with laptops on here.. my brother has a big problem. My brother has a dell laptop... big mistake buying it.. but he has been going thru a big long process to repalce the keyboard on his laptop. So a technician came andd repalced it and it was defective. So they sent him a new keyboard and just told him to replace it himself and helped him on the phonee.. but in the process the keyboard didnt work again so they told him to unistall it. In the process a screw fell into the laptop.. and I dont know how to get it out.. I dont want to touch anything because I have no experience with laptops whatsoever. I am not sure if anyone can help but what should we do???

first can you replace the keyboard?...what the technician from dell? b/c if he is not you could have voided your waranty and you are screwed...do not use a magnet to get it out b/c you can seriously screw something up... try tilting and turning it and see if you can get it out... if not try like tweezers but make sure they are not magnetic...one more time do not use a magnetic screwdriver

Ya dell originally sent a technician.. but I think it was a third party technician. The person from dell on the phone recommened using a magnetic screw driver to replace the keyboard... but i dont think we have one. But yaa i know not to use a magnet orr turn the laptop on! But I dont want to take anything apart.. we are trying to get a technician to come tomorrow from any local companies...but its 12 36 AM here and I dont want to touch anything.. Ive never seen the inside of a laptop before but I think the screw is around the hard drive area....

Well, it isn't hard to replace hard drives in laptops, so why don't you just unscrew the panel covering where the hard drive is? It won't fall out if you have it facing up. :D

Then see if you can find the screw and see if it'll come out by the hard drive or something. Or remove the hard drive from your laptop and see it it'll come out.

yeah or like maybe i know on my laptop there is like an empty upgrade slot you may be able to open and let the screw out...

Ahh well I tried to remove the hdd cover... but I cant get it off... on a typical laptop tho how do the hdds go in??? Theres a big metal cover over it which I dont know how to get off.. and I dotn want to screw anything up since all his data is on the drive... I am not sure if it could have gone anywhere else tho....

I have screws securing mine, but I've never tried to remove it. Never had any reason to, really. Sorry, I really can't help you there. Check the instruction manual, maybe, or see if you can find something online about it.

Back
Top Bottom