Laptop hdd

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I have this teacher that happened to mention that he had this old laptop that doesn't work.. He said he thought it was the hdd. Of course, I confronted him and I asked him about it and said I would buy it. Now he says he wants it, but If I fixed it he would pay me and pay for the parts.

He's bringing the craptop to school tomorrow and I'm taking my lappy hdd to see if that's the prolem. Now, I have bought laptop hdds before.. but I never thought about the interface - or does it even matter? I mean, everything I bought has worked thus far, but was I lucky? When shopping for Desktop hdds I pay attention to the IDE SATA Parallel IDE - all of that stuff.. but when looking in new egg, does all that stuff matter for laptops?

Thanks

-Q

yes, the laptop will only have the connections for one type!

you'll need to know if it's IDE or SATA

Like root said, all you really need to know is what connection the laptop has for hdd.

Open up the laptop and see what type of cables are running to the hd. Or you could look at the label on the hd that is already in the computer to see what type of hard drive it is.

Back
Top Bottom