Laptop Harddrives

Louis Stabile

Solid State Member
Hey Guys I just ordered my first Dell Laptop. I also have a Sony Vaio (In pieces). I was just wondering if a Sony Vaio Hard Drive will fit into a Dell Laptop? I heard that some parts will work/fit different Brand Name Laptops. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Well, my laptop's harddrive (from samsung v25) fitted into my sis's laptop (an evesham something or other).

I think laptop hard drives come in a universal size so can fit into any laptop cos laptop harddrives are really the only thing that stores sell (although I'm not sure about this).

Yes, as long as they both use 2.5" drives, although I'm not sure if Dell prevents you from installing drives from other machines or not...don't think so though.

ok cool. Well while im on the topic of this, That Sony Vaio that I have thats in pieces, I would have rebuilt that but I went online to find out prices for MOBOs and CPU Combos and boy are they a pretty penny. How come Laptop part prices are so dam high? Is it because they are small?

Probably cause they're sort of, well, notebook components aren't bought as much as desktop ones, so they probably give 'em a higher price to make up for the less sales.

abowlofrice said:
hdd size must match

If you're talking in 2.5 or 3.5 size, then OK...but if your talking of 20GB or something, then you're wrong...that's why each computer cna have custom sets

Back
Top Bottom