Laptop Graphics Cards

Computerwizz1

Baseband Member
hi, i am interested in upgrading my laptop from a 64mb to a 128mb graphics card, do you have to buy special graphics cards to put in laptops? if so where would you buy them? and how would you fit them?

There are only two laptop computers that I know for sure allow you to replace the video card.

And they are the Alienware and DELL XPS. Other then that, what you have is what you have. No changing out video cards. That is the biggest downside of owning a laptop.

Yeah, most won't because they have built in Graphics and no space for a card of any sort.

If you did have one which you could upgrade... then yes it would have to be special I think... I can't be sure.

Yup, if i replaced my graphics card, I would have to replace the whole mobo too.

if the card is on a HMAGPM (horizontal Mounting AGP Maximizer), and is not welded on to the slot or mobo, then you could upgrade it (not easy, and make sure your MOBO can support 128MB GPU), and then sure, go for it. I upgraded my Cyberpower (now in a garbage dump somewhere, because it got old.)

Back
Top Bottom