Laptop Graphics

ACER

I like the Acer one for the overall look and power to memory and Graphics.

1.6GHZ is okay for most uses, and should be fast, it being a Pentium too. Though it might fall behind later in some tasks when 64 bit computing flies off and programs start coming out but won't be for a while, and alot of people don't have 64 bit yet.

That graphics card should be fine for a while too (Remember it is about as good as the Geforce 6600 which is a great card) :D, plus it uses a Creative Soundblaster sound card which are always best for audio. Plus has full blown DVD writer installed.
I wonder if the graphics are upgradable later too.

ABS MAHEM

This has a better processor being a Athlon 64 a good speed too as its as good as a 3200+ speed Pentium 4 , though the graphics card and lack of burning cd/dvd support lets it down, so wouldn't be as good for games later on. The CPU power would count, but not as much as you might think in terms of games, but is made for the future of computing.
Though I haven't heard of that company.

CONCLUSION

Acer is the best option out of these two really for the good graphics, sound, upgradablility of memory, and allowing you to make backups with DVD writer, and just tops the other one completly. I wish it had a bit of a faster processor speed, though that should be fine for all uses you throw at it, and with the good memory as well backing it up. It would last you a good while:)

I'm not sure on the prices either i'm afraid, but the Acers cheaper, and better :p

I hope this helps

A GeForce 6800 Go for a desktop replacement or a GeForce 6600 Go (better than Mobility Radeon X700) for traveling/gaming.

I'd say that laptop is worse than the ACER one I looked at earlier, though does still have some good fatures. e.g. Athlon 64 processor

Back
Top Bottom