laptop gaming problem!

english-ice

Beta member
Hi everyone. First off,I would just like to state that I only know the "basics" of how computers work. So forgive me if I don't use the correct terms or miss any useful info out.- so please ask if you need more info!

My new laptop, which is about 5 months old' is always crashing while playing games. Its ok for about five minutes, but then it does one of two things. - A) makes three beeps and shuts down. or B) the screen freezes and then the arrow goes dead and will not move again until I've pulled the power plug out and restarted the thing.

Now this used to happen while on the internet as well. But I put it into be repaired and it has fixed this problem. Now it only happens while on games.

Anyone know what the cause of this could be?

Heres the my laptop stats:

Make-Patriot 6000.

:4XUSB 2.0
:SERIAL PORT,PARALLEL PORT,VGA PORT,PS/2 CONNECTOR.
:LINE-OUT(FOR HEADPHONES)
:MIC-IN
:10/100 MBIT LAN
:56K MODEM V.90
:HOTKEYS: EMAIL,INTERNET,VOLUME UP/DOWN.
:pROCESSOR 1.30GHz
1.30GHz,224 MB OF RAM.

Also the game I've been trying to play is championship manager 01/02 and I have been able to play this game before and for long periods of time, because after I sent it into repair it ran perfect but for some reason it only last for a matter of minutes now!

Any ideas?...and thanks for reading.

Well if it just that game that it freezes on it might be the game itself that is screwing up so if you just keep your saved games (it'll probably prompt you to) and uninstall it and reinstall it again it might work but if it's happening to other stuff on your computer you might want to do a virus scan or a spyware scan. If it still isn't fixed after that I have no freaking idea what the problem could be.

Back
Top Bottom