Laptop "Entering Setup" on its own..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Hey, well im fixing a friends laptop, which was going well, until I rebooted it a few hours back.

Everytime I switch it on, it says at the bottom of the screen "Entering Setup" (BIOS)

Normally, it asks if you want to press F2 to enter it, but its going into the BIOS, without me evan asking it to now.

I really need to get on this laptop tonight!

I have checked to see if the key is stuck down, and it isant, so Im stuck.

Anyone any ideas?

cant you let it enter the bios, and then just exit out of it, and let it boot after that?

also, there should be a setting within the bios to stop it coming up, i woulda thought there would be anyway...

I thought of that, but when I exit, it just goes straight back in.

No option in the BIOS either :(

Hmm, are you sure that the key is not self hitting? I mean, You have a keyboard that just sends F2. I wold suggest to do this: Open the laptop, Unplug the keyboard and replug it. See what happens. It could be a slight connection issue.

Yes your F2 button is stuck and is getting pressed. Someonw how you need to disable the laptop keyboard in a way that it won't come on and use a differnet keyboard.

Lhuser, took it apart and it works now, I need to track down a new keyboard though I think.

Nik00117 - Thanks for the response, however, I will look stupid, sat in school, get my laptop out and use an external keyboard lol, thanks anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom