laptop for college soon i hope

convergecult

In Runtime
as well as upgrading my desktop i will be getting a laptop for school sometime this summer. i was looking at dell because i get a discount through my school. im not a hardcore gamer but i do play oblivion and wow ect.... i was looking at the dell xps m210 but it only has a 12 inch screen. good for mobility but bad for gaming?.
it also seems to be cheaper to get a inspiron and just max it out. so i built a inspiron E1505 with 1 gig of ram/ core 2 duo 2.00ghz and the 256mb nvidia gforce go 7300. and a 120gig hd.

even this is cheaper then the xps and the settings are a little beter

do you think this will suit my needs? im going to culinary school so im not doing cad or anything but i work with photo shop and golive. but do you think it will play the games i play? maybe not on high settings but pretty god settings?

Dell's got a lot of partnershp programs through school. I use to work for Dell on my campus. The deal isn't a whole lot significant from the regular Dell site. I actually thought about getting the Latitude line because of their smaller size. Good stuff though. Can't go wrong with any Dell laptops.

it is like 12% off or something but it is better then nothing i was going to leave the ram as low as possible because i can upgrade it cheaper myself

Dell probably want you to buy their other lines because they're not selling as good as their 6400 laptops. It never hurt to buy the extended warranty for laptops either since they're harder to work on---unless of course you plan on getting another laptop in over a year from now.

how big of a difference am i going to see in gaming lets say if i save a little and just stay with the 1.66ghz core 2 duo?

Back
Top Bottom