Laptop charger / powerpack

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I buy Broken Laptops and Repair them ( not all ! ) as a hobby , the question I have at the moment is that I have a Laptop repaired and ready to fire up , but I do not have the correct charger / power supply for it .

It requires a 19V 4.5A supply , now I have a couple of chargers but they have a 19.5V 4.5A output , would that extra 0.5 V make such a difference as to blow the Laptop ! .

thanks

spike

Hi OhSnapWord

Thanks for your reply , I am very tempted to use the other power pack's but I still need a bit more info as to whether it will be ok , I am more or less 100% sure it will be , the reason I am dithering is that I checked the Voltage of the spare power packs I have and they showed one at 19.8V and the other at 19.9V , so I am talking about nearly a 1V difference now , yes I know I should just go and buy a new one for a couple of our £s , but I like to push and try things out its just me .

cheers

spike

pls help me
may toshiba laptop have problem when i connect my charger to the pc it shut down what i can do with tis problem?:confused:

Hi OhSnapWord

Thanks for your reply , I am very tempted to use the other power pack's but I still need a bit more info as to whether it will be ok , I am more or less 100% sure it will be , the reason I am dithering is that I checked the Voltage of the spare power packs I have and they showed one at 19.8V and the other at 19.9V , so I am talking about nearly a 1V difference now , yes I know I should just go and buy a new one for a couple of our £s , but I like to push and try things out its just me .

cheers

spike
Hi
.5 of a volt should not hurt your laptop.
On another note why don't you go on ebay and buy a cheap universal laptop supply which comes with different voltage adapter plugs, I did this when I use to repair laptops... A handy thing to have.

Hi

I buy Broken Laptops and Repair them ( not all ! ) as a hobby , the question I have at the moment is that I have a Laptop repaired and ready to fire up , but I do not have the correct charger / power supply for it .

It requires a 19V 4.5A supply , now I have a couple of chargers but they have a 19.5V 4.5A output , would that extra 0.5 V make such a difference as to blow the Laptop ! .

thanks

spike

Its not cause your laptop broken. That voltage just for tolerance. Its safe for you. I have experiece about this. You can try it.

Back
Top Bottom