Laptop Case and rebuilding.

Michael Wittman

Solid State Member
Can you use a prebuild laptop case and empty it out and rebuild it? You know, like using my old-ish Hp pavilion Ze2308wm(ze2000) and and put new hardware in it? Like a new processor and a new graphics card(if it ain't built in) and so on?
Thanks your comment good or bad is much appriciated.

You could but commerical parts are limted. here is a whole list of laptop processors. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&N=2+50001157+40000343+1389627504&name=Mobile

but you say that your laptop is kinda've old, so your mobo might not support these processors. but you cant buy a separate mobo because sites just dont sell laptop motherboards. Also laptops use express ports so you cant install a graphics card. You can only use integrated graphics

So basically you can put new hardware in it. but its very limited

EDIT: i found some laptop motherboards, very expensive though
http://www.laptoppartsworld.com/accessories/

Sweet jesus prodigy, thank you for looking that up. $400 isn't that bad...it beats buying a new case for some $500!! Yeah, as soon as i asked the question i knew it was gonna be VERY limited,and where i live, there are NO computer parts stores. Anywhere. But you are saying that i can use my old pavillion ze2000 case right?

also the chance of getting a motherboard that fits your laptop case ports are also very slim

im sorry to say that laptops just arent that upgradeable the only thing i consider practical to upgrade on laptops is hardrives and RAM. CPU's are incredibly difficult and awkward to replace but can be done if there not soldered and most other stuff is built into the laptop motherboard chipset

I'm not sure about the case. i dont know if the motherboards will fit. because you've gotta remember there are no universal parts for laptops there all prebuilt. Compaq makes some mobos to fit a certain laptop. But something that is universal about laptops is the processor socket, ram and hard drives

you should keep your motherboard. and download this
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

when you run it, you should see what type of socket you have. if you can tell me what that is i can show you the processors you can get

whats the specs of your laptop anyway? (amount of ram, hard drive, processor?)

Understandable...i mean, just looking at the mobo it's differential from the desktop motherboard is eas to spot, having to bypass the hdd. But the processor on my mobo is held in by "The Golden Screw, via the Golden Triangled Tip". So i might have a slim chance to replace it, right??? And also, about power consumption...would i need to get a new adapter for my laptop if i got a stronger CPU? And the last line:Sadly my GPU is integrated in...128MB.

crap. sorry about that. My last post came WAY too late. And also my internet modem died. But, nevermind about this...i found a manuel for my laptop that has spare parts and upgrade parts. Like for my 1.6GHz processor. i can call in and order a 2ghz processor. I can also get a faster 40GB HDD. Anything else you can tell me before i crack it open?

dont bother upgrading to a 2ghz processor , the performance gains made in 400mhz is so small and not worth the money it will cost , as for getting a faster hard drive might speed up loading times a tad bit , depedns on what speed the current one is though

If i'm replacing the motherboard(should've mentioned that one;) ) then why not get a new processor? And Its a full 1,400rpm upgrade if i get the other 40GB HDD. So why not get more RAM and a 400mhz more processor? It's not like i'm gonna unplug it for anything. I'm planning on rebuilding the WHOLE thing pretty much with the upgrade parts.
And the last one. Could a 5yr old laptop with the said specs run vista?

Back
Top Bottom