Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
BSOD

Unhappy Laptop Bettery Problem

My Laptop is a Gateway Solo and I have to keep the battery charger to actually keep the computer on. If I charge it for the whole night it doesnt charge. Is it because the bettery may not have installed on the computer or what?

Please provide me with that I have to do.

Compute101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Haku Mioje Send a message via Yahoo to Haku Mioje
Default Re: Laptop Bettery Problem

well i never had to install the battery onto my computer, and the only thing that i can think of is to find a ne battery for it maybe two. i know that i was going to buy another battery but im going to sell mine and buy a new better one

Haku Mioje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeah, I'd replace the battery like Haku says. It seems like the batteries lost its ability to charge.

One thing to minimise this effect over time: When powering using the mains, take the battery out, unless you do want to charge it.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Haku Mioje Send a message via Yahoo to Haku Mioje

yeah i never think about taking out the battery. i need to do that so i dont kill it
Haku Mioje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Well Lithium Ion, which they use nowadays (or at least in newer laptops) don't suffer from the memory effect quite as much as older batteries did, but its still best to remove it, otherwise when powered by battery, and even if its almost full, when plugging it into the mains, it'll charge it over again, which over time, you may notice a drop in performance.

Theres also the fact that, while the computers on (more harmful) using the power adapter, the batteries getting alot of heat from the system landing on it, which also lowers the performance over time, so the less you have the battery in when the laptops on (when in the house especially), the better.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

How long have you had the battery? If its a few years old or so, and had loads of use then its probably wrecked. I have heard of people going into device manager and deleting the battery out of there,and then restarting, and that sorts it out, coz windows isnt reporting it properly, but ive never had personal experience of that. Its a long shot, but its worth a go.

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote