I have been working with a friend of mine who has been having some issues with his current laptop (Dell XPS M1530). As of a week ago he informed me that his laptop battery stopped holding a charge and would not recharge to obtain any power on the cells. He advised that the laptop power adapter still had the green LED light ON, but nothing was showing as charging to the battery.
I know he has had this computer for a little bit of time, so I informed him to get a new laptop battery. He went with one from Ebay:
Ebay Battery Link
It is a 9 cell Battery For a Dell XPS M1530. After receiving this new battery on Friday, he went ahead and installed it into his laptop and is still having issues with the battery charging. I have asked the following questions for more troubleshooting information:
1) Is the LED light lit on the battery charger?
2) Does the battery get hot when plugged into the laptop (warm to touch / burn hand on contact - need details of heat if possible)
3) Is the battery properly secured into the compartment?
Yes its put all the way in
4) Does the computer run properly when just plugged into the power cord (with NO battery connected)?
Yes it runs fine when plugged in
5) Does the computer seem to boot slower than normal now than it did before (like an extra 5-10 minutes to come to your desktop)?
No it still boots up fine
6)Does the computer itself get hot to the touch shortly after plugging in and turning on?
No it does not get hot
I am currently hitting a brick wall and need any extra help if anyone knows of anything else to be looking for. I appreciate any information that you may be able to help me out with.
Thanks for your time!