Laptop Battery Leaking Potential.

Liminator

In Runtime
So I called DELL Technical Support today to get a new AC adapter and they told me that since its been over a year since I got the laptop that I should get a new laptop because it loses its charge AND it has the potential of leaking.

Does a laptop really have a risk of leaking after a year of use? I had a hard time believing him when he told me.

Assuming he meant leaking the acid or whatever fills those batteries he was not correct. The only way they can leak is if they are physically broken.

On the other hand, if he was refering to not being able to host as much of a charge (ie, capacity leakage) then he would be correct as the batteries slowly ware out over use.

So there's no actual danger of it leaking as time goes on as long I don't abuse my laptop then correct?

So there's no actual danger of it leaking as time goes on as long I don't abuse my laptop then correct?

They told you that because they want to make more money. I've never had a rechargeable battery leak on me.

I've got a battery from an old Dell latiture CP laptop, (probably 13 years old).

it's still perfectly intact and doesn't leak.

I'm using a three year old laptop now (with original battery), it doesn't hold charge as well as it first would have, but it's not leaking.

Back
Top Bottom