Laptop Battery

GeekOfBroadband

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have the Clevo P170EM gaming laptop with a 5200MaH battery, it doesn't seem to last very long and I would like to upgrade it if I can but I can't seem to find a better battery for this laptop, does anyone know if I can get a better one?

Well, first thing is, keybored lights up? Wireless On, high brightness and high performance mode won't last long at all, tops 1hour and 30mins....

Can you tell me what settings and apps have you running while the battery doesn't last long, may you please throw some examples of how long it lasts and what are you doing while it lasts this long?>

Try test this:

Turn off wireless, turn it onto balance mode, have brightness a little low, and don't run anything, now make sure the display doesn't go off, you can alter the settings for that in power mode, let me know how long it lasts, then we can figure out really what it is.

Edit: This laptop only has 81% score on battery life but gaming performance is 98% I think, sounds like a hogging source.

Last edited:
Well, first thing is, keybored lights up? Wireless On, high brightness and high performance mode won't last long at all, tops 1hour and 30mins....

Can you tell me what settings and apps have you running while the battery doesn't last long, may you please throw some examples of how long it lasts and what are you doing while it lasts this long?>

Try test this:

Turn off wireless, turn it onto balance mode, have brightness a little low, and don't run anything, now make sure the display doesn't go off, you can alter the settings for that in power mode, let me know how long it lasts, then we can figure out really what it is.

Yes the backlit keyboard is always on, I had interagted wireless 2.4Ghz/5Ghz but I had a probelm with it so I disabled it and brought a wireless AC dongle, Its on high performance all the time and 99% of the time its plugged in, it was only eariler today that I took it round my dads played a game for 10 minutes turned it off went out came back and when I turned it on it was on 30% battery then minutes later it some how went to 6%?

So this only happend today? Are you sure you turned the laptop off? it's odd that it goes from 30% to 6%, try charging it turned off over night for 16hours or so, and try play a game on full battery without it plugged in and see what happens, if it's the same result you may need to try a few things, if any doubt the last thing I can suggest is a new battery but lets not jump the gun yet.

Let's see for now how it goes.

Goodluck

Back
Top Bottom