Which Laptop - Advice

huggybear

Beta member
Dear All, I am looking to replace my Dell inspiron 6400 which has served me well for 7 years but is now playing up usual things. I have been considering the Dell studio XPS 13" or 16" but have also noticed other makes such as Lenovo T410. The spec i would like is 4Gb Ram or more around a 320Gb hard drive or more and whatever is thrown in. The laptops i have seen are around £500 i dont play games but use the internet and use for documents. I would like a fairly good spec this time. Any suggestions? I guess at the end of the day it all up to personal preference. But your observations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Hey,

I can't point you in any specific locations are the moment as i;m at work and all my usual trusty websites are blocked!

I reccomend looking on Ebuyer.com and Aria.net ( i think it's .net?)

I absolutely love Asus laptops and Samsung are ratgher good as well.

Off the top of my head, for the spec and price you have outlined have a look for the Samsung R510, there are various versions of this with different RAM and processors but it's a good place to start.

Well if you don't game, then looking for an intel laptop with intel HD graphics is going to cut a chunk out of the price, compared to AMD/Intel lappies with NVIDIA or AMD graphics.

320GB drives usually show up around 300GB anyway, so anything between 250GB-320GB of rated space would only vary by 40-50GB or so. We've charged alot for some absolute shit-boxed in the past, so definately shop around for the best deal. I mean, we had an Asus lappy with a 1.2GHz Celeron go for near £400, but we had to make a profit on it, never buying Asus again unless it's a much higher spec.

Samsung are beast at the moment, IMHO offering the best value. For components, i usually recommend SCAN.co.uk since i've never had a bad experience, but for bundles and laptops. ebuyer is definately better.

This is probably the best one i can recommend : Samsung RV511 Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

the i3 is a decent mobile processor, it has a decent sized drive and a powerful enough GPU for Aero. Plus the RAM you wanted. And the best thing is, it looks the t!ts xP

If i was getting a Wintop i'd get a Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom