Laptop AC adapter

Clint1

Beta member
I have a Compaq r3000. The problem that i'm having is that when the laptop is off the batt will charge, when it is on it will not charge, if i take that batt out it will not use the Ac power to turn it on. any one have any ideas on what the problem is? thanks

Woh...weird... I always thought it recharged when it was on, like a car battery... plus, it should work without a battery anyway.

Does this mean that if the battery was flat, you'd have to recharge the battery first before running it?

This could just be a problem with the laptop and the way it works with the battery, but it could also be the power supply I guess (though I don't see how)...hmm...very weird indeed... I have no clue :(

Well...

I googled some stuff and looks like they have a poorly designed power system. Users report all sorts of problems with ac/battery connections and power packs. Looks like RMA time.
Get a Toshiba next time...My Tecra is 8 years old and still purring right along.

Yeah, i doubted it would have been the power supply (has no connection to it) and so Setishock has the answer.

This a problem then that can be fixed? like something with manufacturing? Or was it just poorly designed in the first place and so isn't infact an error made by the manufacturers when making it?

Bit weird though. You would have thought they would have thought about that...

Back
Top Bottom