Lap top suggestions....

woody84

Baseband Member
ok need a lap top this is what I want it to do out of the box:

Gaming
video editing
I download a lot of music
CAD Software
hook up to my dual monitors I currently have (is this possible?)
have a HDMI output to hook up to the TV
wireless internet (obviously)
at least 15.4 display (prefer a little larger)
burn DVD (read blu-ray a plus but not required)
I want it to last a while

I want the most power I can get for the money, and would like it to be able to be upgraded easily. this will be my first lap top so I don't know how they work as far as upgrading components. my budget is about $1200.00 I have been looking at sony Vaio FW upgraded to about that price and then I found this guy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9173262&st=asus&type=product&id=1218044029168

provides a little room in the budget. maybe also get some other goodies while I'm there?

also just found this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9172511&type=product&id=1218043606827

never heard good things about gateway desktops.

thanks in advance.

That laptop is not too bad for the money...

But may I ask, why not a desktop? You'll get better performance for less than 1200 that will play games, video editing, CAD software etc. Unless you plan on taking your work with you?

yes I plan on taking it with me / using everywhere in the house.

ok damn it!

now I'm thinking about building a desktop as well, I currently have a cheapo HP laptop that runs the internet just fine and a 5 year old dell desk top with upgraded RAM and Video card.

so I guess throw building a desktop into the mix and what advise can I get?

thank you for the suggestions. I do appreciate it.

but I think I'm going to try my hand at building my own desk top. wanted to do it for a while now and I can get a lot more for the money this way.

so be prepared to deal with my stupid questions on that subject!:)

thank you for the suggestions. I do appreciate it.

but I think I'm going to try my hand at building my own desk top. wanted to do it for a while now and I can get a lot more for the money this way.

so be prepared to deal with my stupid questions on that subject!:)

Stupid question away then! Lol. We can answer them. P.S.- There is no such thing as a stupid question. What cost of a desktop are we looking at here. Do you have preferred brands? What uses is it going to have? Windowed case or not?

Back
Top Bottom