LAN internet to laptop help!!

mycompsucks9898

Baseband Member
SO i got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. I dont have a router or wireless router.So what i do is on my PC i go: cmd.exe ---> ipconfig /release. So i reale the IP. Unplug (turn off) my cable modem, unplug ethernet cable form pc and insert it into laptop. Then my laptop connect to the internet.

BUT ITS SLOW AS HELL!! I usually get 40kB/s on a download....but on my laptop i'm only getting 1kB/s to 10kB/s. What do I do to make it normal!

I dont know how to create a network connection thingy on VIsta. I have cable and i dont need a password or username. It from Rogers Canada. I dont know what to doo

PLEASE HELP...i need to download important updates for my laptop.

i h8 vista for many things.......but one of the most annoying thing about vista is how messy and unorganized their network connections window thing is. it is flashy and stuff but it is so freakin messy. the xp network connections window is so much more cleaner. and ok.

maybe the slow download spds have nothing to do with u. if the servers are jammed then u would have bad speeds. were r u downloading from?

i have Rogers Lite. So i usually get around 40-100. Like i tried downloading itunes and MSN and it took like 15 minutes for each one!

Back
Top Bottom