Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Lack Of RAM?

I'm using a M-Audio Delta 44 torecord my beats from my MPC 2500 into Nuendo 3. The problem is that I get these pop and click noises, even when the buffer size is set to the max. Could this have something to do with not having enough RAM? As of now I am running a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz with 768 MB of RAM. When recording, my CPU usage can get up to 21%. Does that seem high? Would getting some more RAM solve this?

Siver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Lack Of RAM?

dont think the ram will sort things. Pop and click noises are possibly some sort of interference from something else.

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siver
I'm using a M-Audio Delta 44 torecord my beats from my MPC 2500 into Nuendo 3. The problem is that I get these pop and click noises, even when the buffer size is set to the max. Could this have something to do with not having enough RAM? As of now I am running a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz with 768 MB of RAM. When recording, my CPU usage can get up to 21%. Does that seem high? Would getting some more RAM solve this?
I also do some recording with a simmilar card (Delta 2496). I have found that clicks and pop's are generally the soundcard and something like a network card using the same IRQ. Your computer should displays the IRQ's while booting. Usually disabling a few extra devices helps solve this problem (Serial ports, onboard audio, paralell ports)
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Baseband Member

Man I don't want to jinks myself but i think disabling my internet might have solved this. i have a network card for my internet and i shut that off when recording and didn't hear any noise at all!!! i just hope that is the problem and that as long as i shut that off, i won't get any crackling
Old 10-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Denier-of-Soup Send a message via MSN to Denier-of-Soup

Have you tried Chris' suggestion? You don't have to disable your internet to stop the noises.

Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager -> Expand System Devices

Disabling the system speaker should stop the noises. If your system doesn't have one, try disabling a device you're not using.
Denier-of-Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
Baseband Member

shutting my internet or network coard off seems to do the trick...thanks dj chris