Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Haku Mioje Send a message via Yahoo to Haku Mioje
Default lack of HD spaceq

ok this just seems weird to me...i have a laptop that ive had now for about 2 years....within those 2 years ive had to recover it about 4 or 5 times from simple viruses.... now my problem is that i use to have trouble using up even half of my 80 gig HD... now ever since i started DL movies and songs and programs i cant keep it under 70 gigs full... i dont really understand why because i clean out the computer every once and a while (deleting all the movies, songs, programs that i dont use or watch) someone tell me if theres a possibilty i have unerased space being taken up that never gets used

Haku Mioje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate
Default Re: lack of HD spaceq

probably system restore making restore points

do a disk clean up and select the option up top that says "More options" and click on delete all but the most recent restore points

Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Oh, and here's a really good option: I bought a 250gb PATA for 60$.. I'm sure a TB wouldn't be but a couple of hundred dollars - Go for it!!

Perfect. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=400GB+-+750GB
Captain Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pooka View Post
Oh, and here's a really good option: I bought a 250gb PATA for 60$.. I'm sure a TB wouldn't be but a couple of hundred dollars - Go for it!!

Perfect. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=400GB+-+750GB
actually, it's not perfect, the link you provided was for desktop hdds, laptop hdds are more expensive, usually much more so and the form factor is different, for $60, he might be able to get a 120GB, but no way could he get a 250GB laptop hdd for $60...

my solution would be to get an external hard drive and transfer the movies there after you download them, until you actually plan on watching them then transfer them back onto the laptop, movies take way more space than songs and applications...
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Haku Mioje Send a message via Yahoo to Haku Mioje

ohh yeah i know about that with the movies... see thats not what the problem was...trivium is probably right because i have restored my computer quite a few times and in doing that i know that i have created some restore points because of programs that are still saved onto the HD even after i do the restore which makes it 100% logical...thanks for all the help though guys
Haku Mioje is offline   Reply With Quote