Kuma vs Toliman

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
One of my cousins asked me if a kuma 7750+ overclocked to 3.2 can beat a Toliman Triple core at 2.4. Obviously i didnt know but it got me interested because i have never heard of triple core processors but after looking it up amd has a whole line of em

So basically yeah would a kuma overclocked 3.2 beat a toliman? Do programs even utlize 3 cores?

In multi-threaded apps, I'd expect the X3 to come out on top by a small margin, but in single threaded apps, the dual would obviously win.

But why not just overclock the X3?

One of my cousins asked me if a kuma 7750+ overclocked to 3.2 can beat a Toliman Triple core at 2.4. Obviously i didnt know but it got me interested because i have never heard of triple core processors but after looking it up amd has a whole line of em

So basically yeah would a kuma overclocked 3.2 beat a toliman? Do programs even utlize 3 cores?

(you can unlock the 4th core of an x3 processor in the bios, because all x3 means that the 4th core was locked at the manufacturing plant...) just thought id let you know... go to advanced clock settings for CPU, change it from "All cores" to "Auto" on where you choose how many cores are used..just a tip

(you can unlock the 4th core of an x3 processor in the bios, because all x3 means that the 4th core was locked at the manufacturing plant...) just thought id let you know... go to advanced clock settings for CPU, change it from "All cores" to "Auto" on where you choose how many cores are used..just a tip

That might cause instability. There is a reason it was locked. Companies aren't that stupid to do that. They probably designed it to mess up with the fourth core on.

actually it doesnt mess up at all..my friend just got a computer with a phenom x3..we unlocked the 4th core and its pretty damn stable. even though the 4th core never gets used at all.

It depends on the the X3 you have. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. There have been mixed results when unlocking that last core.

Back
Top Bottom